Friends of Carter Barron Expands It's Mission Onto Theater Operations via Private Partnership
by Gloria Hightower
The Friends of Carter Barron Foundation of the Performing Arts (Friends) is a reputable non-profit organization located in the heart of Washington DC, which was established with a two-fold mission to:
a) assist the United States, National Park Service with the preservation of our city's first federal historic landmark, Carter Barron Amphitheare that was achieved after securing the lobbying assistance of Councilmember David A Catania with Congressman Bruce Babbitt that lead to a 2.5 million dollar ear-mark that served to upgrade the 4200 seat demise structure in FY'2000.
b) provide Arts educational Initiatives to District of Columbia inner-city youth, ages 14-26 by offering them with after-school quality, structured and tailored academic remediation/supplemental, work-readiness and intense Performing Arts career preparedness training to successful transit secondary participants onto higher learning’s' that continues to ensure 86% of enrolled students' achievement of realistic self-sufficient careers for the 21st century.
Today, the Friends seeks to preserve another historic landmark in the nation's capitol known as the District of Columbia, as well as manage the theater operations at the "historic" Lincoln Theater via a public (501c3) and private partnership.
The private partner to be the financee, by providing $1.5 million shall acquire the following:
1) 10% up to 14% of the annual gross provided for the theater annually.
2) Highest paid position w/ benefits at the Lincoln, Executive Director.
3) Executive position on the Board of Directors.
4) Competent Theater management, operational and technical staff.
5) Ideal programming format that entails sell-out artists.
6) Identify how the Friends uniqueness of it's excellent youth theater residency program shall continue to secure International and/or National Recording Artists at a 35% or less reduced rate. The non-profit remains DC's first Performing Arts In-school contractor, with the highest performance-based outcomes in the areas of: a) high-school/GED completions, b) placements in post-secondary/advanced vocational institutions, unsubsidized employment or the military.
If a private partner is interested, feel free to contact us at (202) 232-5610. Also, visit our website www.friendsofcarterbarron.org.
Gloria J. Hightower
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Non-Profit-Charity Investments.
Check out these curated articles on Scoop.it on Funding related topics:
To join our Facebook page, and get regular updates through Facebook,
click our little logo on the right, you'll get on our Facebook page,
and there you can click on the 'Like' button